Sunday, October 11, 2009

Amanda


I found myself wondering today, How did I get here? I'm standing in a tiny area in what I would consider the middle of nowhere looking into people's lives that I didn't even know existed before today. And here I am about to commit to building them a new home. And oh what a blessing it will be to provide that for them. These lovely folks with such dark hair and dark smiling eyes seem so genuinely grateful for the gift they are being given. How could it be that I have travelled here to be the hands God will use? I have so many failings and so many weaknesses, but yet, He has allowed me this awesome privilege. And on top of that, He has sent me here with a crazy rag-tag group of fellow missionaries from the SEMC. I haven't even been out to dinner with many of these people, and here I am with them on the back roads of El Salvador!
Travelling on the back of a pick-up truck has been an adventure to say the least. What a hoot!
We have chuckled and laughed and just had a fabulous time together today. I love the family of God!! Monday it will be all work, so we've been told. So please pray for the endurance and stamina of the team. It truly is hot here. Of course, Deve loves it, but this little girl from Northern Ireland likes it just a bit cooler.

6 comments:

  1. yep, i'm addicted already...there, it's out there....i'm your first blog stalker....
    proud of you Mandy. you'll do great tomorrow...I know it.
    Shana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally with you there, Shana-the-stalker...checking the blog all the time! Lots of prayers for you guys. Can't even read this blog without tears! (shocker, i know).
    -Amangela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm inspired by your journey and check the blog each day for updates. Looking at your pictures, these families are definately in need of a better structure for a house to call their home. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. It seems hard to imagine four houses built within a week, you have a lot of work ahead of you, but your passion for the project and the families as your motivation leaves me with no doubts that you'll achieve your goal!! Good luck to all of you!!
    -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my Irish friend! Nice to hear you're enjoying the topsy-turvy truck rides! I knew your sense of humour would arrive in El Salvador well intact. Praying for you guys (say hi to Cornelius and Vanessa) as well as for the little P's here at home. Can't wait for pictures of the new houses.

    Love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go mom! we are proud of you
    love,
    aynsley,jarrett,grandma,fergus and the bunnies
    (and maybe grandpa)

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amanda,
    I love the style of writing which you have given us. Thelma and I couldn't hold back the laughter .

    ReplyDelete