Sunday, October 10, 2010

Striking views


Today we visited the families who will be getting new homes. It was hot, really hot. My sunscreen wore off early from all the sweat and now my face and forehead are beat red. The drive out to the area was a blast crammed into the back of a truck. As we drove up the mountain there were several things that amazed me. The totally unbeliveable houses that folks live in (I would rather live in my shed), the cattle drive up the highway, the large bus flying down the hill(I swear all the passengers were leaning one way to keep the bus from flipping), the joy that I saw in the faces of those who are getting a new home and to top it all off the absolute striking beauty of this country. We are surrounded by a dormant volcano, it´s green as can be - total majestic. Joy asked me what I was thinking as we drove up and I really didn´t have much to say. Pretty much speechless.
Tomorrow the work begins. I´m excited about what God´s going to do in and around us. This should be good.

Peace,
Stan

1 comment:

  1. We are praying that you feel well...Josh, Bri, Luke and Maggie all praying that you will find renewed health and strength for the remainder of the week. They are so proud of the work and energy you are doing and putting forth!

    ReplyDelete