Sunday, October 10, 2010

What a day!


It has been a truly amazing day! We started our day with having breakfast at the pastor's home. Pastor Jorget's wife cooked our breakfast and it was wonderful to experience the different foods that they eat here. We then went on to visit the sites of the homes that were built by our team last year. It was such an eye opener for me. To see the homes that the locals live in and then to see the joy on their faces even when they live in what I call poverty conditions. These homes are like castles to them. It was a very emotional time for me, to see how we live so differently and are still sometimes not content with all the material things I have!!! God has opened my eyes in a mighty way today. I can hardly wait to see what He has in store for me (us)in the days ahead. All I know is that I am ready and willing to do anything that He wants me to do for Him and His people here in El Salvador. It may not always be easy, but I am up for the challenge. And yes........it is very hot here!!!
Coby

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart, Coby. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!! Love you. Sending hugs and prayers, Ann

    ReplyDelete