Monday, October 12, 2009

Karen

I love how the children say my name. I,ve always thought a more exciting name would be nice. They roll the "r" and pronounce the first syllable like car. Aside from being renamed it was an interesting day. Time seemed to actually stand still. We got to the job site about 0730 and started working away and it seemed like it should be about 1100 or 1130 and it was only 0900. That kept happening all day long. I even had to look at one of the watches later in the day I couldn't believe that only fifteen minutes had passed. Don't get me wrong I wasn't in a hurry to get the day over with I was just fascinated at the phenomenon. It felt good to get sweaty and smelly and actually accomplish a huge task. One house is built! It is difficult to have a language barrier when trying to learn a something new. I wish I knew more spanish, so I could communicate with the kids better.

1 comment:

  1. I read, with anticipation, to hear what is happening. You can't imagine how it feels to hear from you as things are happening. I wish that I was there!

    ReplyDelete