Saturday, October 10, 2009

Joy

Its been a long, tiring, and surreal day. As I'm writing this I can see the tiniest lizard in the corner of the wall, I'm sweating in 30 degree weather, and I'm in El Salvador. Driving through the city from the airport was heartbreaking. Poverty screamed out at us wherever we looked. Children materialized from holes in crumbling down walls, animals were in the oddest of places and garbage littered the streets. The backdrop to all of this is the most beautiful, lush scernery. A mountainous volcano, blanketed with a thick canopy of cloud cover followed us the entire drive. Palm trees, sprawling hills, rock walls and formations-- all of it takes your breath away.
Our God is here in El Salvador and He has given them such wonderful gifts. I'm so thankful I can be here to experience His pleasure and the love of these wonderful people.

2 comments:

  1. looking forward to your next blog, Joy! It's like I can see it all through your words. Tell us what these children are like!
    Praying for you...
    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joy,
    Your writing skills are obvious in your comments. Keep enjoying the wonder of what God is doing.

    ReplyDelete