Thursday, April 10, 2014

God is good.

I'm lost for words. As a person who rarely stops talking, this is a different feeling.

These last two days specifically have been a rollercoaster of mixed emotions. With the highs being so high that cloud nine seemed too low, and lows being so low that you feel like your heart alone weighs 100 pounds.

Yesterday, I had the blessing of meeting my sponsor child Adriana. We were welcomed into the project with such enthusiasm that I couldn't focus on anything in particular. I remember seeing Sandra with her sponser child who had a sign with her name, and I thought to myself, maybe mine's at school, maybe I'll meet her later, or maybe today is not the day that God has chosen for us to meet. 

That was when I looked up and saw Erin's face through the crowd of children, and her eyes were smiling - I followed her line of sight up to the front of the church, where in the midst of an abundance of children - was my sweet Adriana. She was holding up a sign with my name on it. Most of the next 3 minutes is a blur remembered through tears. I remember thinking "that's mine, she's mine" and then those thoughts turned into me patting my chest and saying louder and louder, "she's mine, she's mine!" As I struggled to rip off my pack, my water bottle holder and even my camera came flying off my shoulders as I tried my best to get to her as fast as I could. Luckily, Cara was nice and close by so she caught my camera in the midst of it all. I have never had such happy tears in all of my life. When I hugged her I felt like the world was right, like my life at this point could be complete and I would be happy.

It took her time to warm up to me, but I am so thankful that I was able to spend all day yesterday with her because this morning when we showed up to the park for our fun day with them she ran right into my arms. The rest of today was spent hearing her sweet laughter and her high pitched little voice calling "breenaa". I pray that today will not be the last day that I see her.

God is good. God is great.
And I have been witness to that this week more than any other.

I think I found my words.

Love,
Brenna.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo Brenna this is so sweet.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this and you! And your sweet Adriana.
    xo - nj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing Brenna! I was so looking forward to hearing about this day in particular! How amazing. What a great description of seeing your child...brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cried reading this. Love you and your heart B! I can just imagine how incredible this experience was! xoxo

    ReplyDelete