Wednesday, November 28, 2018

My First Trip

This is my very first time going on a trip like this. Honestly, it’s a life changing experience. Throughout the week I’ve been cutting metal, drilling in holes, and screwing in metal. But today my stomach was sore. So I got the opportunity to play with the kids. 

 The first day we were building and there were about 2 or 3 kids. They were scared of us because they’ve never really seen white people before. I motioned them to play frisbee with me. At first they were unsure of the whole thing.

Fast forward to today, they brought all their friends to come play with us. Still not being able to communicate but laughing, smiling, clapping, and giving each other hugs began to develop a relationship. We would also colour. We started saying the colours in English and spanish. For some reason most of them found the word blue very funny. 

Playing with the kids and working with the adults is something so amazing I can’t even describe it. Even though we both had no idea what the other person was saying. We shared one thing in common, we both served the same God. 

The things I’ve learned from this trip are that I’m unbelievably grateful for how God has blessed me and I’m actually really bad at charades.


-Taijah Allen

5 comments:

  1. So lovely to read your comments, Taijah! Praying for health for you, and continued blessings from God as you serve. Hugs from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taijah! So awesome to read your “first trip” perspective!! How amazing for you to be in ES to experience this trip with your mom too! ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Taijah! I'm sure the kids are loving playing with you and learning their colours in english! I know they are feeling really special to have your attention and time :) You are so good with kids! I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This trip really is life changing and I'm so glad that you get to experience it! Loved reading from your perspective

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your blog Taijah. So glad you and Shailah.have been able to have this experience. So proud of each of you. Praying that your mother will have relief from the bites and that she will heal quickly. May you be blessed with more wonderful experiences. love you

    ReplyDelete