Thursday, October 15, 2009

Karen



I met a little boy yesterday he reminded me a lot of my little boy. We worked side by side for several hours not saying much just enjoying each others company. (Aside from the fact that we had to play cherades each time we wanted to tell each other something) It struck me that human nature is the same no matter what part of the world we are in. We want to be loved and we want to be needed. Today was a particularly hard day. We have to dig 15 holes per house and the site we were building at today had two houses side by side to be built. So that makes 30 holes. The ground was very rocky and where there wasn´t rock it felt like rock. Some holes had to be 25 inches deep. The local neighbours and friends helped us dig today, what a blessing. Adoni worked right alongside us again today in the heat as slow, discouraging progress was made. But we did make progress. Then we went to church. Adoni goave his heart to the Lord, along with several others. What a great God we serve, I may never see that little boy again here on earth, but now I will in heaven.

5 comments:

  1. that's so beautiful, Kare! Quite the reward for a long, hard day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Car rrr en,
    Does that come near their pronounciation? Ha.
    I said that I wished that I was there but now that I see what you had to do ie. digging holes, I'm glad to be in the cheering squad. Looking forward to seeing you; does the time seem to be going fast? God's richest blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karen..I have know you since you were just a little girl...And I never saw you turn down a challenge...You are such an encouragement to others...I can't imagine digging that many holes in regular soil let alone what you have had to do...Your rock girl...Oops....I made a funny he, he... But just look at the reward for such hard labor...A new little child to belive and hope in Christ...Way a joy that must of been to have had a part in that.. We all miss you here and can't wait to see you when you get home...Hang in there...Almost home...Hugs..Gail or as you keep saying "Mrs. Johnston....Love ya...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome experience, Karen! I've read through these posts and have been moved to tears by it. So thankful for your group--and many others like it--that are willing to share the love of Christ through personal sacrifice of time, energy, supplies, love...These accounts have been a blessing to me even as I know you have been a blessing to so many there! The fruits of your labors and faith will certainly not return void! Love you! So proud of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so great to see the pictures! Thank you, whomever added these!!!

    ReplyDelete