Saturday, December 1, 2018

Lead, Follow and Bless


I’m so guilty of trying to map out my life. I get ahead of myself all the time in a sad attempt to prevent anything that could cause me to feel unprepared or anxious. I dreaded the thought of boarding that plane and the lack of control I would feel once in the air. It almost kept me from stepping out in obedience to the Lord. I asked a friend to pray for me and this is what she said, “When you feel like you are hanging on by a thread...make sure it’s His garment you are holding onto.” Talk about a powerful truth! I clung to those words and that image the entire flight and the peace that washed over me was incredible. 
In my devotion at the beginning of the week the verse I read was,

“You go before me and follow me. You place a hand of blessing on my head.”
Psalm 139:5 NLT

This has stuck with me all we as I think about how it pertains to what is happening in and around me here. Before I even got on that plane, God had already got gone before me and he was right there following me keeping me safe. And then He began to place a blessing on me that I felt continually unfold all week, blessing after blessing.

He used the ElSalvador Shelter team in many ways. They acted as our guides having gone into these communities before us and prepared the way by interviewing the families and determined  the best and safest routes. They interpreted for us, allowing relationships to be established. They presented our team to the communities in a way that allowed us to be welcomed in and best of all to be able to work side by side. And they blessed us when we had come to bless by sharing in laughter together, praying together and celebrating Gods goodness.

I am so thankful that God is all three of these things and the Shelter team has modelled each of them. He leads us, He follows us and He places a hand of blessing upon us.

Leisha

1 comment: