Thursday, October 14, 2010

¨My Grace is sufficent´¨

Since I had this cold in my head and chest and a sorethroat I started to lean on what God said to Paul when he wanted the thorn removed....My Grace is sufficient for you, my power is made strong in weakness. We´ve needed that, I¨ve needed that. We´ve seen suffering, we have suffered. I´m sure by now many have read about the little girl being hit by the car right before church. I couldn´t shake it all night, I fell asleep still replaying it in my mind. That suffering we all experienced, knowing what had just happened turned out to be another demonstration of God´s power when we learned the little girl was going to be OK. Believe me...that´s a miracle!
When it happend I just ran to the car and kept praying for God to give me strength as I tried (later learning that Bassilio was right beside me) to move the car off the girl. It was chaos...someone just grabbed her by the feet and pulled her out. She was concious! She was alive! I just kept praying for her and I knew in my heart that she was going to be alright even before we got confirmation. Church was difficult at first. I fought hard to hold the tears back. That momment will mark my life forever, the squeeling tires, the thumps, the screems, the yelling, the crying, the girl rolling under the car, the pain in my hands from trying to move the car, the church service, the power of God so thick in that place you could touch it, the music, Pastor Deve´s message (which to me was another demontration of God´s power in those words)the thoughts that that could have been one of my kids...all of that accumulated into this one period of time, a time when God´s Grace was sufficient for all.

All of this did turn to joy. Today was a great day. We bagged 1000 pounds of rice and 1700 pounds of corn to give away tomorrow at the key ceremony. We then had some lunch and went back up to San Phillipe to play soccer with the kids, then we went to this beautiful spring fed pool, it was awsome. It was a great day.

I do want to say that our team is awsome. I´m so impressed with how well we work together, with how we look out for one another and support each other. This is a great place to be, I know I´m where God wants me to be.

Peace,
Stan

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to see that. To live it. God has given you a gift. Being able to go to El Salvador. Being able to go all the places you go. Miss you. God Bless you all.
    Love you daddy

    ReplyDelete