Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wonder-ful


The truth is, I'm having a difficult time putting my thoughts and feelings into words on this trip.
It has been my desire to be open to the wonder of God each day, and each part of each day.
I do believe that is happening and is probably why I can't formulate anything too much to say. So let met summarize some rambling thoughts:

1. I know that being here, for this short time, is right, no warm fuzzy feeling, just a real sense of belonging to this community.
2. I love the heat...it makes everyone else upset, but as the week goes on, I feel better and better.
3. I am seeing the Lord work through each and every member of our team...it was a prayer that I committed to the Lord, knowing that putting 17 people together for a week is tough, but God is at work in us. If you read 1 Corinthians 12, you'll get a sense of how our team is funcitoning...one purpose, for the Glory of God.
4. God is at work here...I know it, I see it, I feel it.
5. There is no way, I would have thought we could build 6 houses in 2.5 days, and do the eye tests...wow.
6. Don't be fooled, Brenna has a temper. I mistakenly stepped in to the frame as she was taking a picture. Hurricane Brenna unleashed..."ooooohhhh, Pastor Deve!" she squeaked. Yes, it was barely audible, but it was filled with unbridled fury. Somebody help :)
7. The simple giving of a well-timed encouraging word can change the course of someone's day, even their life.
8. I live in a different place and in a different way from the people of El Salvador, and yet there is no difference between me and them, we both need the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ to make it through every day...that and when it really comes down to it, I think I could get by with a pig, a couple of chickens, and a few goats.

I told you they were rambling thoughts...God is good.

4 comments:

  1. Hey dad! I still don't understand why there was a pig just lying on the street!! :)

    Aynsley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ainsley. It was ground pork.

    GH

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA!!!! that's the most delicious looking ground pork I've seen! So hilarious! :D - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Does becoming a father just come with an ability to make such terrible jokes?

    Angela

    ReplyDelete