Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Friendships

I was surrounded by people yesterday thanking me for thier casa´s and pointing heavenward. It is an experience I cannot explain with pretty words. I want to do so much more for them...
This time around I am connecting even more with the people and giving each one a piece of my heart. One lady asked me today if I was coming back. She had such hope in her eyes (she doesn´t yet have a casa). We are surrounded by so many people everyday, kids and adults alike, touching us and trying to communicate. One little boy, Frank, has the most wonderful frown and misheivious eyes. He kept coming up to me during the soccer game to gloat each time they scored. When I scan the crowd of children I see Frank waiting for my eyes to find his, and he smiles...then frowns. I´ll miss Frank. At church last night a little boy from the village climbed up onto my lap during the message. He was Maggie´s age, and fit so perfectly, his weight a sweet reminder of who I left behind. When I let go of his hand, he firmly put my fingers back around his hand and squeezed. I got the message. These kids are so loved by thier parents, and now by us.

1 comment:

  1. Very Cool. God has given you the blessing that you can do this. All the kids will love you. They Do. Hope you all are doing good. We are praying for every one. We all love you. We all love all of you. Have a good time with the rst of the days. Love you mommy.

    ReplyDelete