Saturday, January 7, 2017

Here we are at the end of the week already, but Monday seems so long ago at the same time. I have wanted to blog but have had a hard time putting anything into words.

 I love the women of El Salvador they work so hard to care for those they love without the conveniences we are accustomed to. They are brave, creative, kind and really know how to give a hug. The language barrier is so frustrating, I want to know them, yet without conversation it is so difficult to do. The translators do a fantastic job but it is difficult to spread them among all of us and the building sites as well. I wonder if I am reading their thoughts correctly as we earnestly look into each others eyes, do they know how much I really respect and admire them.

It has been amazing to watch my kids experience this trip as well. Watching them experience a different culture, new mode of transportation, new foods, a new way to communicate and so many other things. Thank you to those that made that possible. It has been a week that will forever be etched in their hearts and minds.

Karen

3 comments: