Friday, November 30, 2018

Daybreak


Well it’s 530 in the morning and I am once again sitting at my normal perch watching the daylight break revealing God’s handywork which in this case includes the SAN Vicente Volcano. My mind and heart are full as I ponder the many events of the week and realize today will be the last day to be with these families and many of the Shelter workers.



Every year there is something different and this is no exception. This year I was able to re-experience some of the first time awe through the eyes of Lori and Jason helping to realize how much of an impact we are making. Also with Lori being here I have never felt so Loved and taken care of as she forced me to drink water, brought me cold (wet) towels for around my neck and tried to get me to take some breaks. Several builders noticed the care and immediately asked “your wife?”.
I was also teasing one of the builders here “Levi” about singing while we work (something Tim Allen tried to get started two years ago). And he surprised me by breaking into a verse of “Open the eyes of my Heart” in English, which I then had to join into. I later found out that he plays guitar for his church and they are learning a few Songs in English.


Finally we were able to visit our compassion children yesterday which is an overwhelming experience itself. Being able to see the children grow and be happy in the tough circumstances of there lives is incredible. Knowing that our small contribution helps so much is a great testimony of what God can do through the good people working with compassion.

There is so much more I cannot express but it’s time to get ready to go celebrate with and say goodbye to the 14 families we were able to bless with houses this year.

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post, Pat. Just inspires praise in my heart for our mighty God! Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing Pat! Thanks for sharing! What a great picture! I love Lori's smile :)

    ReplyDelete