Friday, November 30, 2018

New Things

So many new things happened this week:

- I had to eat new food
- we were around people who spoke Spanish all the time
- I learned how to use two different kinds of drills
- I learned how to put the walls together for a house
- I tried to carry pieces of the house (but the locals came to take it from me)
- I learned how to interact with the children
- I learned how to interact with my teammates
- I ate pupusas for the first time (didn't love it)
- I rode in the back of the truck (it didn't make me feel to great)

This week has probably been a time where I experienced the most new and different things all at once, and I feel this experience has been bigger than I thought it would be. I feel like the sacrifice to pay my own way and help raise funds was worth it. I had planned to go last year, but it didn't work out. I wasn't upset by that. But now, having been here for this week, it has been so worthwhile to finally experience so many new things.

Kayli

2 comments:

  1. So very proud of you Kayli that you chose to go on this life changing experience and put yourself out of your “comfort” zone...emotionally and physically....it humbles us. We should be forever thankful to our God everyday for the abundance we have here at home which we take for granted daily. Can’t wait to hear all about your week. Safe travels back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very proud of you Kayli you have helped change life’s & make memories as well as changed your own a piece of your history you will always have of love and giving of yourself love you always grandma “I” 💜

    ReplyDelete