Monday, November 26, 2018

From Lori

This is my first blog, and I am not much of a blogger, but I know how much I enjoyed reading them in past years.
Yesterday we met the families, and went to a church service in a new community, they were celebrating their 21 anniversary of being a church. It was a enjoyable service, but could have been a little shorter. I will put it this way I will never complain again if our service goes a few minutes over, as this service was 3 hours long. 


Today we went for my first ever build. I was very apprehensive about coming and how much could I do. But I felt very useful, Julia helped a to show me some of the things that were a little less physical, but still very necessary.
I was also unsure of the back of the truck ride, but found it quite enjoyable, and wonderful to experience this aspect with the team.


When Paster Deve says the houses will still get built, it is true, but to see the family we built a house for this afternoon, and how very very happy they were, is amazing. The father lifted his little 2 year old daughter up to put the numbers on their new house, and counted out each number to her. It was such a precious moment.
I am so thankful, that God has allowed me to be a part of this team.


Now to go to see what kind of experience supper will be😁.


Lori Halls

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Lori! Thank you for sharing from your perspective- it’s so exciting to be able to read about how God is at work in and through you all. I know you’re going to be such a blessing to everyone you meet.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lori! I'm so glad you are there this year! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to hear how God is blessing the people there through you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete