Friday, November 29, 2019

Dennis

This is my second trip to El Salvador and I’m yet again speechless of how amazing God is. I’m going to share a story that is rare to hear in El Salvador. It’s about a husband who truly loves his wife. We don’t often hear stories of men staying around. Actually most of them are  about a young woman that has multiple children and has been left by a man. But I found this story so inspiring that there are still faithful men out there. So I’m going to share his story.
Dennis is 20 years old man and has a 4 year old daughter and a wife. When he found out he was going to get a house he was thrilled but then the realization sunk in. Where are we going to build this house because we live on the side of a mountain. The thought of clearing the land to make a spot for a house almost seemed impossible. But Dennis never gave up. He had to make a flat spot but there were many large rocks and I mean very large rocks in his way. He dug out the side of the hill to help level his land. He moved rocks to form a big square around the spot that the house will be. So that it would be able to hold dirt in. He had to dig all the big rocks out before putting dirt into to make sure it was all level. Dennis would wake up at 6:00am and work till 9:00pm for a whole month.   The best part about Dennis’s story was during our interview he said I’ve seen and heard many stories of men leaving their wives and the hurt it’s brought. I’m not going to leave my beautiful wife and my beautiful daughter.
Dennis had to work so hard to be able to get a house to keep his girls safe. His story stuck out to me because no matter how much work it is or how hard things can get sometimes. It’ll all be worth it one day.
-Taijah

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Dennis' story, Taijah. Love seeing your heart as you shared. Praising God for His faithfulness through Dennis and his determination and commitment to his family. - Erin.

    ReplyDelete