Friday, November 29, 2019

I Can’t

As the week has come to an end I have compiled a list of all the things I’ve been told not to do during my time in El Salvador, some people see them as big no no’s. I see them as mere suggestions (I actually do listen to and respect the actual big no no’s just putting that out there) 

I can’t drink the water from the community 
I can’t eat the food from the community 
I can’t flush my toilet paper 
I can’t say no to accepting food that I also can’t eat because it will offend someone 
I can’t climb the trees because it’s “dangerous” 
I can’t get a good wifi connection 
I can’t ask the police to hold their guns 
I can’t go to the bathroom alone 
I can’t go anywhere alone 
I can’t leave the hotel at night or in the morning unless we all are
I can’t understand people I’m working beside 
I can’t speak Spanish 
I can’t hold back tears when hearing an emotional story 
I can’t hold back laughter 
I can’t get away from the sun 
I can’t keep up with the locals on the builds at all 
I can’t not sweat through my shirts 
I can’t always find the right words to say 




So there’s a list of some things I can’t do on this trip but here’s what I can do 

I can show up 
I can wake up 5 minutes before breakfast and still beat some people there maybe not Jason but some people
I can step out of my comfort zone 
I can bless others because I have been blessed
I can encourage people 
I can pray for someone 
I can be the hands and feet of Jesus 
I can come to El Salvador and be proof that God has not forgotten these people, to pray over them and work alongside them (at a much slower pace) and build a relationship with them blessing them with a house but more importantly letting them know that there is a church family that has been supporting our team to be in the beautiful country and has been praying for them. 
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me 

I want to thank everyone who has supported me and this team, I thank you for your prayers and I ask that you continue to pray for the families we built for. If you have never been to El Salvador and have the opportunity or ability and think that you can’t go because you aren’t young enough or strong enough or whatever your reason is, I strongly encourage you to forget those reasons and go because I guarantee it will open your eyes to what you can do through our all mighty God. 

-Quinn 

1 comment:

  1. So love your honesty, Quinn! I could hear your voice as I read through all of this. Thanks for being you, and for being willing for God to use you as He saw fit throughout this week. - Erin.

    ReplyDelete