Saturday, January 14, 2023

Peace

The team began preparing for this adventure in May.  My preparations began within 24 hours of departure.  I took the place of my husband, Matt, as his father’s health was declining.  It has been an unexpected privilege to accompany our daughter, Abby, on this journey.  I have been able to have a front row seat for her first plane ride and first cross cultural experience.  It has been delightful to watch her try new foods, see new sights, use power tools and play with kids who speak a different language.  

A verse that the Lord has used in my life previously has guided my thoughts this week.  It is John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”  I have prayed it for myself, my family at home and the families that we have met this week.

I have been deeply touched by the families we met.  Also, I have been reminded of the comforts I take for granted - warm showers, cold drinks, coffee with cream, garbage cans, a roof that doesn’t leak, a door that locks, and so much more!  


Christine

4 comments:

  1. Wow Christine, how brave you were to step forward at the last minute. I am sure God has rewarded your servant heart and so glad the Lord continues to give you peace, that passes understandings. Praying the Lord will continue to build a strong bond with Abby because of this experience. Love the faimily representation this year. I understand family is so important in the Latin culture and you are living it! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Christine, I can almost feel your joy and peace as I read your words. How amazing it is to serve our loving God who makes a way where there’s no way! Your testimony reminded me of Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Praying for you, Abby and the team. Blessings in Christ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing verse and perspective to carry you through the week! Thanks for sharing Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it is an unbelievable and rewarding experience, for you and Abby to go on this mission trip. Praying for all new experiences and blessings. ROSE

    ReplyDelete