Saturday, January 14, 2023

Why I Keep Coming Back

 This year has been very different from years past. At first I wasn’t sure how I felt about our more comfortable accommodations, unfamiliar faces, and many other changes to the country. But as the week progressed I realized I needed to drop all my expectations and experience the moment and see God at work. 

My brother Dave asked me part way through the week. Why I keep coming back? I didn't really have a great answer. I just started listing all the things I liked about coming. I like the Spanish culture, I like feeling a part of a bigger plan,I like the sun, I like the camaraderie of the team, and I like seeing the familiar faces from years past. As the week went on, I kept thinking about that question because I didn't feel like I really answered the question. On the beach today I was thinking about all the years past and the things I learned with each year. It dawned on me that the reason I keep coming back is that I feel like God challenges me and teaches me something different each year. Because I am so focussed on his work here. I feel like it is easier to see and know what he is teaching me. This year I feel like God was teaching me to drop my expectations and focus on the moment. Absorbing all that each moment has to offer. Even though it may be different than what I am used to. I want to take that lesson home with me and apply it to wherever and whatever God would have me do.

P.S.I also learned that I would really like a baby goat.

Karen



2 comments:

  1. Love this so much Karen! And I might have goat connections for you too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Karen your experience and what it means to you, to drop your expectations at the door and experience but God has in store. Rose

    ReplyDelete